Energy Saving Tips
With electricity prices constantly rising, it is important to keep your energy consumption on the below. Here we have some great tips to help lower your energy consumption.
- Shut windows and external doors when operating the air conditioner
- Minimise the area being cooled or heated by shutting doors to unused rooms, and if you have zones, eliminating those areas not in use.
- Regularly clean filters
- Locate the external section of the air conditioner (compressor) away from direct sunlight, and with good air flow around it
- Set the thermostat between 23°C and 25°C in summer and 22°C and 24°C in winter
- If the machine has adjustable louvres, adjust them towards the ceiling when cooling, and towards the floor when heating (as cool air falls, hot air rises).Open up windows and external doors if the outside temperature is lower than the inside temperature, instead of using the air conditioner.
- When a hot day is expected, turn on the air conditioner early rather than wait till the building becomes hot (it operates more efficiently when the outside air temperature is cooler).